College for Adults Application Instructions

How do I apply?

We welcome your application to get started in a bachelor's, associate, or certificate program, in the College for Adults at St. Kate's. Follow the instructions below to get started.

If you are looking for application instructions for the Occupational Therapy Assistant program, please contact an admission counselor to get your application started. 

Application Requirements

To be considered for admission, you must have graduated from an accredited high school or have earned a General Education Diploma (GED).

You will need to provide the following* (if you have international credentials, please see special instructions below):

  • official high school or GED transcript (see instructions below for transcript waiver eligibility)
  • official transcripts for post-secondary institution(s)

There is no fee, and you can finish the application in as few as 10 minutes.

*The College for Adults Admission Committee reserves the right to require additional information (transcripts, admission essay, personal interview, etc.) other than what is listed above, if it is deemed necessary in order to make a final admission decision.

State-level restrictions: RN-BSN Completion

Due to state-level regulations, we are unable to enroll students in the RN-BSN Completion program who will be residing in any of these states while enrolled in this program: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Kansas, Louisiana, New York, Tennessee, Utah, Washington, and Canada.

When may I apply?

We encourage applicants to submit their materials in advance of the deadline to ensure that there is enough time to apply for financial aid, and for priority consideration for best course availability.

New degree seeking applicants who complete the admission process (submit the application and all other materials) by the dates listed below will be considered for a $500 early application scholarship.

Applications are accepted for the following terms:

Fall (classes start in August) – to be considered for the early application scholarship complete your admission process by June 15 (final application deadline is August 15)

Winter(for OTA Online program ONLY – classes start in January) – for deadlines, please contact (NOTE: OTA Online applicants are not eligible for the early application bonus)

Spring (classes start in February) – to  be considered for the early application scholarship complete your admission process by November 15 (final application deadline is January 15)

Summer  (classes start in May/June) – to  be considered for the early application scholarship complete your admission process by March 15 (final application deadline is May 15)

*As you begin the online application, when prompted, select the academic year you wish to apply (e.g. if Summer 2024, choose 2024). Then choose the Associate: College for Adults option (for associate-level Early Childhood, Liberal Studies, PTA and Radiography programs) or the Bachelor: College for Adults option (for all bachelor's and certificate programs) to proceed.

Application Process

Follow these simple steps to complete the application process.

  1. Start and complete the online application form. Apply early — some programs fill before the start of each term. Click on the link at the bottom of this page to start your online application.
  2. Request official transcripts from all post-high school educational institutions (colleges, technical schools, trade schools, etc.) previously attended, whether or not credits were earned. If you were previously a degree-seeking student at St. Catherine University, you will not need to request your St. Catherine University transcript. If applicable, submit an official AP or IB score report. Click here to learn more about St. Catherine University transfer credit policies.
  3. An official high school transcript is required for applicants who are currently enrolled in high school. If the high school (or GED) program is already completed, an official transcript is required only for applicants who have completed fewer than 12 transferable college credits. To be considered transferable, courses must have been completed:
  • at a regionally accredited institution
  • at the college level (not preparatory level)
  • with a grade of C- or higher (or Pass/Satisfactory, if not taken for a letter grade).

Credits taken as part of a valid PSEO program during high school may be applicable; credits earned via Advanced Placement (AP) or other testing options are not applicable to waive the high school/GED transcript requirement.

Official electronic certified pdf transcripts will be accepted. Request that the issuing institution send the transcript directly to St. Catherine University. Electronic transcripts must be sent through a transcript delivery service (Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.). PDF’s emailed directly will not be considered official.

If you are applying to the OTA Online program, have your transcripts sent directly to:
Electronic delivery:
Postal delivery: OTA Online Admissions | 2004 Randolph Ave., #4067 | St. Paul, MN 55105

If you are applying to any other Associate or Bachelor's degree program, have your transcripts sent directly to:
Electronic delivery:
Postal delivery: College for Adults Admissions | 2004 Randolph Ave., #4061 | St. Paul, MN 55105

  1. If your native language is not English, submit an assessment of English language ability.

    Applicants for whom English is not their native language may be required to provide an assessment of their English language ability through submission of TOEFL scores (minimum 61 on the internet-based exam or 500 on the paper-based exam; the University TOEFL code is 6105) or IELTS (minimum 6.0)
  2. Additional information
    If your cumulative undergraduate GPA is below a 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) please address the following in the optional personal statement section of the application:
    • What challenges did you previously have that affected your ability to do well in school?
    • How have things changed? How do you plan to fit school into your life now?
    • Do you have support to be in school from your employer and your family (as it applies)?

Applicants will be notified via email and postal mail of an admission decision after required materials have been received.

Welcome back to St. Kate's!

At St. Catherine University, we're always ready to welcome back returning adult students. If you...

  • have previously attended St. Catherine University to pursue your bachelor's degree or associate degree, and want to return to complete that same degree,
  • have not been enrolled in courses at St. Kate's for two terms or more, and
  • are ready to return to St. Kate's to finish the degree you started,

... then your next step is to submit the application to "re-enroll" as a bachelor's student in the College for Adults to resume your studies.


  • If you have been gone less than seven years, you will not need to submit new official academic transcripts as when you first applied to be a bachelor's degree student at St. Kate's. However, if you have attended classes at a different institution after leaving St. Kate's, you will need to request that those official transcripts be sent to the College for Adults Admission office.
  • If you have been gone for seven years or more, you will need to re-create your file. In addition to submitting the application to re-enroll, you will also need to submit all new official transcripts.
  • If you have been gone two years or longer, please know that you are subject to any new graduation requirements as outlined in the current St. Catherine University undergraduate academic catalog.
  • Students who have been away from the University for just one term may still register through an adult bachelor's academic advisor and need not reapply. If this applies to you, contact Academic Advising at 651-690-6803 to discuss.

Have official transcripts sent directly from the school, college or university to

Or, via mail, to:
St. Catherine University
College for Adults Admissions, #4061
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105

Please call the College for Adults admission office at 651.690.8700 to discuss your individual circumstances and questions.

If you want to take just one or two courses without committing to a degree, enroll as a non-degree-seeking student. Or, if you already have a bachelor's and want to get ready for graduate school, enroll for up to a year as a prerequisite student.

If you wish to change your status to degree-seeking after starting classes, you must complete the official application procedures through the College for Adults admission office. Admission as a non-degree-seeking student does not guarantee admission as a degree-seeking student.

Complete the online application now.

"Prerequisite" Students

If you already have completed a bachelor's degree, but need to enroll in undergraduate prerequisite courses required for admission into a graduate degree program, you may enroll in the adult bachelor's program as a "prerequisite" student. Many students who are planning to apply for admission into St. Kate's graduate programs in education, occupational therapy, nursing and other fields choose this option. Prerequisite students are eligible for some forms of financial aid. Before applying, contact your admission counselor to determine your options for prerequisite courses.

Complete the online application now.

The College for Adults welcomes students who have completed high school or post-secondary college or university credits outside the United States. 

Please note:  Enrollment in the College for Adults is only open to citizens and residents of the United States. International students — those seeking F-1 and other temporary visas for study in the United States — are not eligible for enrollment. However, St. Catherine University welcomes international students in its College for Women and Graduate College.

If you are a U.S. citizen or resident and are seeking to enroll in the College for Adults, follow the instructions below for submission and review of your international credentials.

Additional instructions for International credentials

n order to receive transfer credits and/or determine US degree equivalency, a course by course evaluation is required. This evaluation must be done by a credential evaluation agency approved by St. Catherine University, such as World Education Services or SpanTran. St. Catherine University reserves the right to render final decision regarding transfer of credits.

Specific requirements will depend on where you attended school outside of the United States. Some students may be required to complete an official state GED for the high school requirement. St Catherine University reserves the right to determine requirements needed for an admission decision.

It may take longer to obtain your international documents, so we recommend that you begin your application process 6-9 months before beginning your studies at St. Kate’s.

Any document in a language other than English must be accompanied by an English translation from a certified translator. Applicants are not allowed to translate their own documents.

Questions about the application process?

You may email a question at any time and an admission counselor will respond to you.

Or give us a call during office hours (8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.).

Contact an admission counselor