What is it?
If you are a male or female high school student who has outstanding academic performance, you can experience the challenge of college courses, access an expanded selection of courses and receive college credit for successfully completed courses through the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program. Most courses are available to Minnesota juniors and seniors at no cost. Tuition, fees and required textbooks are paid by the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE).
What You Need to Know
- Application deadlines are Dec. 1 for spring semester and June 1 for fall semester. There are no exceptions.
- You may enroll in two classes per year. You can take one class each semester or two classes in one semester.
- You may enroll in day or evening courses only on a space-available basis.
- Courses may be taken only on the St. Paul campus of St. Catherine University, as available through the undergraduate schedule.
- Students enrolling in this program are generally in the upper 20-25 percent of their high school class and have followed a rigorous college preparatory course of study. You must have a B or better in each high school course you have attempted.
- Eligibility to enroll in this program does not imply acceptance to the University on a degree-seeking basis.
- You may be enrolled in classes at another institution while enrolled at St. Kate’s.
- You will need to take a placement test to determine your eligibility for math or language courses. In some cases you may also use your ACT math subscore or AP/IB exam scores to qualify for math courses.
What to Send Us
Please send to the Department of Admissions:
- The St. Catherine University Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Application (pdf)
- The Minnesota Department of Education’s Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Notice of Student Registration (pdf)
- A letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor or principal regarding your ability to complete college-level work.
- An official high school transcript.
St. Catherine University PSEO Program
Office of Admission, F-2
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105-1794
Once we receive all the admission credentials listed above, we will notify you as soon as possible to let you know if you’ve been accepted and to tell you when registration will open for your courses. Letters of acceptance are sent by email and mail; all subsequent communication about registration, placement testing and orientation will take place via email. Generally, registration for fall semester takes place in late August and registration for spring semester takes place in mid-January. Since PSEO students typically register 7–10 days prior to the beginning of classes, course selection may be limited at that time.