Have you spent time in college with some breaks along the way, and are now looking for an accelerated path to finish your bachelor’s degree? The St. Kate’s flexible, online liberal studies program is perfect for busy adults who want to quickly and efficiently complete a bachelor’s degree and advance in their career. Have a particular interest or goal? Customize your coursework for a specific field and apply those credits toward a graduate degree.
Classes meet: Online
Credits for major: 30
Time to completion: 12-24 months, depending on previous college experience
Cost per credit (2023–2024): $500
Start: Fall, spring, or summer
Choose the Courses You Want, Gain the Skills Employers Look For
The benefits of a liberal arts education have been widely recognized for centuries. Students learn to communicate effectively, think critically, problem-solve, and engage with diverse ideas and perspectives - all fundamental to success on the job. The liberal studies major provides you with a foundation of coursework of your choosing in the School of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences, with the option to tailor and personalize your program further with other classes that align with your career interests and goals.
The program is open to students who have completed at least 30 undergraduate credits at St. Kate’s or another accredited institution, and have taken a total of two years or more in breaks during their college career. Transferring your previous credits is easy, and we’ll help you build on your accomplishments in a program that meets your needs today. Choose to focus some courses in a specific area such as business, early childhood education, healthcare, and more.
Majoring in liberal studies helps you efficiently complete your bachelor’s degree, advance in your current career, pursue another career of your choosing, or prepare for a graduate degree. Our admission counselors and academic advisors will help you create the path that’s right for you. Here’s just a sampling of what students can do with this program:
- Health Professions: Choose from courses in public health, psychology, or healthcare management, or complete a Community Healthcare Worker certificate. Start taking graduate courses in holistic health studies, public health, or health informatics.
- Business and Leadership: Take courses in business, marketing and digital strategy, and accounting, or prepare for a Master of Business Administration or Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership degree.
- Humanities, Arts, and Sciences: Choose from courses in biology, psychology, history, mathematics, English, art, or theology.
- Early Childhood Education: Complete courses for a Montessori early childhood teaching credential.
- Graduate Programs: Get a head start on a master’s degree. Take up to three graduate courses, with credits counting toward your liberal studies degree. Choose courses from MBA, organizational leadership, holistic health studies, public health, health informatics, or library and information science master’s programs.
Get connected with an admission counselor to start planning your personalized program today.