Liberal Studies Degree Online at St. Catherine University College for Adults
St. Kate’s flexible, online liberal studies program is perfect for busy adults who want to complete a degree and advance in their careers.
Make a Difference in the World and Define Your Career Path
St. Catherine University's liberal studies degree for adults is a flexible and affordable way to earn your bachelor's degree. Learn from experienced faculty and gain the skills you need to succeed in any career.
A liberal studies degree is a broad-based education that teaches you to think critically and communicate effectively. It prepares you for a variety of careers in business, government, education, healthcare, and more.
In our liberal studies program, you'll take courses in various subjects, including English, history, philosophy, math, science, and the arts. This elective-driven curriculum will provide you with a well-rounded education as well as the option to tailor and personalize your program with classes that align with your career interests and goals.
The program is open to students who have completed at least 30 undergraduate credits at St. Kate’s or another accredited institution. Transferring your previous credits is easy, and we’ll help you build on your accomplishments in a program that meets your needs today. Choose to focus on some courses in a specific area such as business, early childhood education, healthcare, and more.
We also offer various student support services, including career counseling, internship opportunities, and financial aid.
Program at a Glance
Classes meet: Online
Credits for major: 30
Time to completion: 12-24 months, depending on previous college experience
Cost per credit (2024–2025): $500
Start: Fall, Spring, or Summer
Majoring in liberal studies helps you efficiently complete your bachelor’s degree, advance in your current career, pursue another career of your choosing, or prepare for a graduate degree. Our admission counselors and academic advisors will help you create the path that’s right for you. Here’s just a sampling of what students can do with this program:
- Health Professions: Choose from courses in public health, psychology, or healthcare management, or complete a Community Healthcare Worker certificate. Start taking graduate courses in holistic health studies, public health, or health informatics.
- Business and Leadership: Take courses in business, marketing and digital strategy, and accounting, or prepare for a Master of Business Administration or Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership degree.
- Humanities, Arts, and Sciences: Choose from courses in biology, psychology, history, mathematics, English, art, or theology.
- Early Childhood Education: Complete courses for a Montessori early childhood teaching credential.
- Graduate Programs: Get a head start on a master’s degree. Take up to three graduate courses, with credits counting toward your liberal studies degree. Choose courses from MBA, organizational leadership, holistic health studies, public health, health informatics, or library and information science master’s programs.
Get connected with an admission counselor to start planning your personalized program today.
Apply for Admissions
Application requirements, deadlines, and instructions.
Find out how your courses will transfer with a free custom transfer evaluation.
Ask questions, meet faculty, and more.
Tour the campus, ask questions, meet the faculty, learn about global study, and more.
Apply for aid from federal and state governments, University grants and scholarships, and educational loans.