Liberal Studies Associate of Arts
Liberal Studies Associate of Arts
Liberal Studies Associate of Arts Degree Online at St. Catherine University College for Adults
Learn in a flexible, online program designed specifically for adults seeking to obtain a degree.
Define Your Career Path with an Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts Degree
St. Kate’s online associate of arts in liberal studies is perfect for busy adults who want to quickly and efficiently finish a degree or build a path to an advanced degree and get ahead in your career.
A liberal studies degree is a broad-based education that teaches you to think critically and communicate effectively. It prepares you for a variety of careers in business, government, education, healthcare, and more.
In our liberal studies program, you'll take courses in a variety of subjects, including English, history, philosophy, math, science, and the arts. This elective-driven curriculum will provide you with a well-rounded education as well as the option to tailor and personalize your program with classes that align with your career interests and goals.
The program is open to any student with little to no previous college credits. Transferring your credits is easy, and we’ll help you build on your accomplishments in a program that meets your needs today. Pick and choose an assortment of courses that interest you and will help you finish your degree, or choose to focus on a specific area such as business, early childhood education, healthcare, and more.
We also offer various student support services, including career counseling, internship opportunities, and financial aid.
Program at a Glance
Time to completion: As little as 12 months, depending on your prior college experience
Credits for major: 20
Cost per credit (2024–2025): $500
Start: Fall, spring, or summer
An associate of arts degree will give you the credentials to move forward in your current career, or propel you toward advanced degrees in other areas. Our admission counselors and academic advisors will help you create the path that’s right for you. Here’s just a sampling of what students can do with this associate program:
- General Liberal Studies or Bachelor’s Completion Prep: Pick and choose an assortment of courses that interest you from our School of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences. Get on a fast track to complete a bachelor’s degree, and earn an AA along the way to add to your resume.
- Early Childhood Education Foundations: Earn a Montessori credential, and/or take additional courses toward your bachelor’s in early childhood education.
- Community Health Worker: Complete a Community Health Worker certificate as part of your associate degree.
- Business Fundamentals: Take courses in business, accounting, and marketing and digital strategy.
- Psychology Fundamentals: Take additional courses in psychology as a launching pad to many different fields and careers.
An associate of arts in liberal studies is also a great stepping stone toward a bachelor’s degree — all credits will count toward a St. Kate’s bachelor’s program. In the meantime, add an AA to your resume as you continue to advance your education and career!
Apply for Admissions
Application requirements, deadlines, and instructions.
Find out how your courses will transfer with a free custom transfer evaluation.
Ask questions, meet faculty, and more.
Tour the campus, ask questions, meet the faculty, learn about global study, and more.
Apply for aid from federal and state governments, University grants and scholarships, and educational loans.