Do you have little or no college experience, but are now looking for an affordable, efficient way to obtain a degree? Are you interested in a program that introduces you to a variety of fields or skills, while also giving you the flexibility to focus on a certain subject? St. Kate’s online Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies option is perfect for busy adults who want to quickly and efficiently finish a degree, or build a path to advanced degrees to get ahead in their career - or start a new one!
Time to completion: As little as 12 months, depending on your prior college experience
Credits for major: 20
Cost per credit (2023–2024): $500
Start: Fall, spring, or summer
Choose the Courses You Want, Gain the Skills Employers Look For
The benefits of a liberal arts education have been widely recognized for centuries. Students learn to communicate effectively, think critically, problem-solve, and engage with diverse ideas and perspectives - all fundamental to success on the job. The the Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies degree provides you with a foundation of coursework of your choosing in the School of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences, with the option to tailor and personalize your program further with other classes that align with your career interests and goals.
The program is open to any student with little to no previous college credits. Transferring your credits is easy, and we’ll help you build on your accomplishments in a program that meets your needs today. Pick and choose an assortment of courses that interest you and will help you finish your degree, or choose to focus on a specific area such as business, early childhood education, healthcare, and more.
An associate of arts degree will give you the credentials to move forward in your current career, or propel you toward advanced degrees in other areas. Our admission counselors and academic advisors will help you create the path that’s right for you. Here’s just a sampling of what students can do with this associate program:
- General Liberal Studies or Bachelor’s Completion Prep: Pick and choose an assortment of courses that interest you from our School of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences. Get on a fast track to complete a bachelor’s degree, and earn an AA along the way to add to your resume.
- Early Childhood Education Foundations: Earn a Montessori credential, and/or take additional courses toward your bachelor’s in early childhood education.
- Community Health Worker: Complete a Community Health Worker certificate as part of your associate degree.
- Business Fundamentals: Take courses in business, accounting, and marketing and digital strategy.
- Psychology Fundamentals: Take additional courses in psychology as a launching pad to many different fields and careers.
An associate of arts in liberal studies is also a great stepping stone toward a bachelor’s degree — all credits will count toward a St. Kate’s bachelor’s program. In the meantime, add an AA to your resume as you continue to advance your education and career!
Get connected with an admission counselor to start planning your personalized program today.