We want St. Kate's students to understand and develop personal financial management skills that contribute to purposeful life-long learning. To that end, we provide comprehensive information and resources designed to teach students the life skills of personal finance and money management.
CashCourse — The Real Life Online Money Guide
We are a CashCourse school! Sign in to CashCourse.org with your St. Kate's email address to find free financial guides, courses, worksheets, financial calculators, and more. CashCourse offers financial guidance that you can use now and after graduation.
Peer Financial Counseling
St. Kate's peer money mentors are students specially trained in money matters by Lutheran Social Service Financial Counseling and Debt Management, Wells Fargo Bank, and various St. Kate's departments.
The peer money mentors help with
- putting together a budget
- finding scholarships
- tracking government loans
- free tax preparation resources
- understanding and building credit
- identity theft and fraud protection
- saving strategies
- managing debt and debt stress
Get their help by
- visiting them whenever the lights are on and someone is in CdC 211
- setting up an appointment through email or by calling 651.690.6815
- attending one of their Money Doesn't Grow on Trees events or programs put on with groups around campus
- requesting they present on a money management topic at your club, for your residence hall floor, in the classroom, at a senate meeting or other occasion (give at least two weeks' notice)