University Immunization Requirements

All students are required to meet Minnesota immunization standards. If you are a healthcare student, you have additional, special immunization requirements.

View Henrietta Schmoll School of Health immunization compliance information

How to Enter University Required Immunizations in the Patient Portal


Faculty or staff requesting a reasonable accommodation/exemption should submit a request for medical or religious accommodation/exemption to Human Resources.

Students requesting a reasonable accommodation/exemption should submit a request for accommodation/exemption to

Exemption questions can be emailed to

Health Profession and Nursing students (or those considering these programs as a major):

While the University no longer requires the COVID-19 vaccination for enrollment, not having the vaccination may affect your ability to be placed at clinical and fieldwork sites and may result in the inability to progress in your program. All health profession students with COVID-19 vaccine exemptions are required to sign the Healthcare Student COVID- 19 Exemption Acknowledgement prior to applying to the programs. For more information, please contact ( or your program of study directly.

State Immunization Requirements for All Students

All students are required by Minnesota law to provide basic immunization information to the Health and Wellness Clinic at St. Catherine University. Failure to do so by the 45th day of the first term of enrollment will result in a hold on your student account. All immunization information must be submitted through the Health Portal.

Health and Wellness Patient Portal

University Immunization Compliance Frequently Asked Questions

Tips for finding immunization information

All current St. Kate’s students are required to submit the following information:

  • Submit dates of two (2) doses of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR or individual vaccines). Dose 1 is typically administered at age 12 months or later; dose 2 is administered at least 28 days after first dose.
  • Submit the date of (1) dose of immunization against tetanus and diphtheria and pertussis (Tdap) received within the past ten years.

If you have had measles, mumps, or rubella, the law requires that you either have a blood titer (blood test) done to prove immunity or a physician’s signed document attesting to the disease including the month and year in which you had the disease. Students submitting a blood titer must upload/submit a copy of the laboratory result in the student health portal.

There is no titer that is acceptable as proof of immunity to diphtheria-tetanus.

Students can find their immunization record information through their healthcare provider, personal or family medical records, or their high school/previous college. The Minnesota Immunization Information Connection might also be able to help. Contact them by calling 1-800-657-3970.

Please make certain that your name and date of birth appear on the document for identification purposes.

International Student Requirement
In addition to the basic requirements above, all international students must complete and submit the online Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment form. If you answer “Yes” to any of the Risk Assessment questions, you will be required to schedule a TB screening appointment at the Health and Wellness Clinic.

Residential Student Requirement
In addition to the basic requirements above, all students planning to live in the residence halls are strongly encouraged to complete and submit this additional immunization information:

  • Submit the date of one (1) dose of immunization against meningoccal (Menactra, Menomune, Menveo, or other A,C,Y,W -135), either initial or booster, administered upon or after reaching age 16.

Additional Information Per Minnesota Statute 135A.14
If you do not complete your immunization information online or if you are not compliant with all the required immunizations by the 45th day of class, a hold will be placed on your student account and you will not be permitted to register for classes. Based on individual circumstances, there may be other requirements or recommendations. 

Students who wish to conscientiously object to a particular vaccine are required by Minnesota Statute 135A.14 to submit a notarized statement of exemption to St. Catherine University, which will be forwarded to the commissioner of health. This does not include COVID-19 vaccination accommodations/exemptions.

Getting Vaccinations and Immunization Testing
If you cannot locate your immunization records, the Health and Wellness Clinic can test your immunization status.  If you need any of the required vaccinations, the Health and Wellness Clinic can help with that, too. Contact the Health and Wellness Clinic at 651-690-6714 to schedule an appointment.