All patients need to schedule an appointment to be seen. Please have your health insurance information available when scheduling your appointment. Patients can schedule an appointment by calling the clinic at 651-690-6714, stop by the clinic during business hours, or online via the patient portal (for urgent care appointments only).
To Do Prior to Appointment
Patients will need to complete all pending paperwork (access these via patient portal). It is the responsibility of the patient to determine if their health insurance will cover their visit at the Health and Wellness Clinic prior to their appointment. All charges that are not covered (patient responsibility) will be billed to their student account.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to complete the check in process. You will need to have your student ID and health insurance card to present.
If you are unable to keep an appointment, please call (or email firstname.lastname@example.org after hours) to cancel as soon as possible. The clinic requires a 24 hour notice to cancel an appointment, or a $25 no show fee will be assessed to the patient’s student account.
Wellness exams and sports physicals
Diagnosis and treatment of general medical problems
- Acute illness
- Mental health concerns
- Cold or flu symptoms
- GI concerns (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation)
- Fatigue, sleeping concerns
- Urinary tract infections (bladder infection)
- Respiratory problems and infections
- Eye, ear and throat problems
- Skin rashes and acne
- Pelvic exams
- PAP smears
- Breast exams
- Diagnosis and treatment of STIs
- Evaluation of menstrual irregularities
- Diagnosis and treatment of yeast infections and other vaginal infections.
Travel clinic services
(study abroad physicals and immunizations)
We perform a variety of lab tests with an order from your healthcare provider (we need this prior to scheduling your appointment), or those ordered from our clinic.
The clinic offers a variety of preventative and travel immunizations. Please call for further information. Please note, the Health and Wellness Clinic does not have access to your immunization records that you have submitted to the Compliance Office, as we are separate entities.
We have a psychiatry specialist at the clinic on Wednesdays. Please call to schedule your appointment. We will bill your insurance for all psychiatry appointments.
- The clinic provides mental health care for students with a variety of diagnoses, including anxiety, depression, and sleep difficulties.
- The clinic staff can also assist students to manage an existing diagnosis of ADD/ADHD. It is required that students submit, prior to the appointment, medical documentation that includes a diagnosis of ADD/ADHD before medications will be prescribed.
The clinic has a limited stock of low cost, commonly prescribed medications. These medications are not billed through insurance, they are billed directly to the patient’s student account. A provider must be seen before obtaining a prescription. If you need a prescription medication that is not available in the clinic, or you would like to use your health insurance to cover some of the cost, your provider can send prescriptions to be filled at an outside pharmacy of your choice.
We will be offering free physical therapy appointments on Thursdays from 1–4 p.m. in the clinic.