We'll prepare you to walk in to job interviews and professional networking events with confidence and ease.
Creating a positive impression during an interview is essential to receiving a job offer. Career Counselors and Career Development resources can help you prepare for an interview.
- Review the Catherine Career Guide to Interviewing.
- Make an appointment to participate in a mock interview with a career counselor.
- Watch informational videos to help answer questions and prepare for your interview.
- Practice responding to interview questions and review your recorded answers using Interview Stream.
Networking is one of the most effective means of finding a job. Making connections with St. Kate’s alumni and professionals in your field can lead to learning about available opportunities or getting job referrals. The Career Development Center can help you learn effective networking techniques.
Potential Networking Connections
- Connect with alumni through LinkedIn and on-campus events.
- Faculty can provide introductions to others in your field.
- Exchange professional connections and job leads with family and friends.
- Join professional associations to make industry-specific connections while attending or volunteering at events.
- Co-workers can act as mentors and help you network within and outside your organization.
- Introduce yourself as a Katie if reaching out to a graduate of St. Kate’s.
- Invite the connection to a brief conversation about their career field or company.
- Suggest a time frame and means of connecting—in person or by phone.
- Exchange contact information and agree on a meeting time.
- Prepare questions to ask ahead of time.
- Be respectful of and stick to the agreed upon time commitment.
- Send a thank you note.