To be eligible for financial aid, students must apply for and be accepted as degree-seeking students at St. Kate's. Financial aid eligibility is based on your combined enrollment for all full-term and partial-term courses that count towards the completion of your degree program requirements.
To receive funds, St. Kate's students should submit a St. Kate's Financial Aid Application: Summer 2020 (Not applicable to OTA Online, Doctor of Physical Therapy and Master of Physician Assistant Studies Students). Financial Aid for Summer is very limited and is usually in the form of student loans. Students must complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA for Summer 2020.
The Financial Aid Office calculates financial aid awards for each student based on her or his unique financial and academic circumstances. To do this, we use a matrix of program costs based on averaged expenses and enrollment for each type of academic program. These program costs determine a student's financial aid budget, (estimated cost of attendance), and are used as a baseline for developing financial aid awards to help meet educational needs. Please review the Cost of Attendance information for your specific program for more information.
For maximum aid eligibility you must register for classes by:
- May 11, 2020 for Summer 2020 II (OTA Online)
- June 3, 2020 for Summer 2020
FAFSA Deadlines for Minnesota State Grant — Eligible students must submit a FAFSA within 30 days of the start of the term in order to be eligible for Minnesota State Grant funding in that term. Late applicants may still receive Minnesota State Grant for subsequent terms.
For Minnesota State Grant for Summer 2020, you must complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA. The FAFSA receipt date must be on or before June 25, 2020.
For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office at 651-690-6540 or send email to email@example.com.
Loans for Summer Session
If you wish to borrow to help pay for your summer session, please review your summer award for eligibility and to accept loan funding:
- On the student page, under the "Student Self Service" section click on "My Financial Aid"
- Select the 2019-20 award year and click "Submit" and to see your "Award Package for" with 3 tabs:
- General Information - your basic roadmap on how to complete your financial aid.
- Award Overview - shows your current financial aid award by semester and the status of each. You can click on any fund in blue to find out more information on using that fund source.
- Accept Award Offer - where you will accept or decline any portion of federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized loans.
Child Care Grant — Summer 2020 Application
The Child Care Grant program provides financial assistance to students who have children 12 and under, are not receiving assistance under the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), and who demonstrate financial need for grants, to help pay for child care while pursuing a postsecondary education.
If you did not have a childcare grant for the 19-20 academic year, you and your provider must fill out both the 2020-2021 Post-Secondary Childcare Grant Application, and the Summer Childcare Grant Application. If you have questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 651-690-6540.