We welcome your application for the St. Catherine University MPH. Apply via SOPHAS (details below) to start in Fall (September) semester.
If you have questions along the way, don’t hesitate to contact your admission counselor. They’re here to help!
MPH Eligibility and Prerequisite Requirements
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the following requirements:
A completed bachelor's or graduate degree from an institution that is accredited by one of the regional accrediting organizations (e.g. Higher Learning Commission).
Grade Point Average
A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B) or higher on a 4.0 scale. If the applicant's GPA is less than 3.0, please address the additional prompt in the Personal Statement section and address any factors that influenced previous academic performance, and how you plan to ensure future academic success.
Specific prerequisite courses are required for the MPH program; review the next section for details.
Prerequisite coursework must be completed with a grade of C or above (pass/fail or S/U grading is not acceptable), with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
The following college-level prerequisite courses must be completed (with grades posted) at the time of application to the MPH program:
- Statistics (3-4 semester credits)
- Course content should include: reliability, validity, experimental control and design, statistical inference and comparison of group means, correlation and regression.
- St. Kate’s equivalent: ECON 1080, ECON 1090, HLTH 1090, PSYC 1090, STAT 1090
- Health-related science course (4 semester credits)
- This must be a lab-based course, generally offered through Biology or Chemistry departments, related to biological impacts on human health and disease.
- Best examples from St. Kate's include the following courses: BIOL 1120, BIOL 1710, BIOL 2400, BIOL 2410, CHEM 1110. Others will be reviewed upon application for admission.
We strongly recommend that the courses are completed within 10 years of beginning the MPH program.
Applicants must achieve a grade of C or higher in each required prerequisite course, with a cumulative prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or above; AP credits do not fulfill prerequisite requirements. Only one prerequisite course may be repeated one time; this includes withdrawals (older courses may be repeated if originally taken over the time limit with a grade of C or better).
**COVID-19 Exception: We strongly recommend that prerequisite courses (especially the health-related science course) be completed for a letter grade. However, in light of many institutions mandating all Spring 2020 courses be Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (or Pass/Fail) or are allowing students the choice, we will accept a Satisfactory or Pass designation for any prerequisite course completed in the Spring 2020 term only.
Use the online Transfer Evaluation System (TES) resource to determine if a specific course you have taken (or plan to take) will fulfill an MPH in Global Health prerequisite requirement. All St. Catherine course equivalencies listed in TES are fully verified by our Registrar's Office.
How to use TES:
- Make note of the St. Catherine department abbreviation
(BIOL, CHEM, MATH, etc.) and course numbers for the "St. Kate's equivalent" course list.
- Connect to TES
- Identify the institution from which you have completed courses (or plan to complete courses). You may search for institutions using the “Find Transfer College by Name” search box, or use the alphabetical index provided.
- Enter the course code for one of our MPH in Global Health prerequisites (e.g., MATH 1080). Select “Home Course” and click on Search. This will identify any courses from the institution that are equivalent to the St. Catherine prerequisite course. You could also enter the code for the other institution’s course, and select “Transfer Course” and Search. This will identify any St. Catherine courses that might be equivalent to the other institution’s course.
If you have searched via TES and can’t find a specific school or course listing, contact your admission counselor for assistance. Please include the institution, course name and number, and course description in your email.
How do I apply?
If you are seeking to lead and influence in the field of global public health, St. Catherine University invites you to apply for admission to the Master of Public Health (MPH) in Global Health program.
Please read the application instructions below before completing the online application at the bottom of this page.
We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2022 enrollment.
The priority deadline for entry-level applicants is March 1 (11:59 p.m. EST) for fall enrollment. Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis and will also be considered for all available scholarships.
Final application deadline is June 1. All application materials MUST be submitted by that deadline for fall consideration.
We strongly encourage candidates to complete the application process at least one month prior to the deadline to ensure that all materials are received.
3+2 Dual Degree
3+2 dual degree applicants have a hard deadline and must apply by March 1 for fall enrollment. Please reach out to your academic advisor in the fall prior to confirm eligibility.