Scholarships Awarded by Other Organizations
There are thousands of scholarships, fellowships and grants available to students. Use these sites and see the search tips section below for help.
A multi-billion dollar scholarship database. Create a free account to see personalized matches and apply.
CareerOneStop: Careers and Career Information
A source for career exploration, training & jobs. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor. A proud partner of the American Job Center network.
Browse over 25,000 Scholarships.
Locates scholarships, loans, internships, and other financial aid programs from non-college sources that match your education level, talents, and background.
A database of more than 400,000 private sector scholarship, fellowships, grants and loans. Expanded and updated daily.
Financial Aid Guide for Minority Students
BestColleges.com researched and compiled information on scholarship opportunities for minority students.
Native American Scholarship Database 2019-20
Scholarships that are available specifically for Native American high school students entering college in 2018-19.
Find college scholarships or get matched to scholarships in which you are eligible.
Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
Scholarship Search is the free way to get access to more than 5 million college scholarships worth up to $24 billion.
Scholarship America was founded in 1958, on the revolutionary idea that community support of scholarships could bring college education within reach for millions of students who couldn’t otherwise afford it.
Search over 3.7 million college scholarships and grants.
Scholarships for Hispanic & Latino/a Students
BestColleges.com researched and compiled information on financial aid opportunities for minority students – including Hispanic and Latino/a students specifically. There are also scholarship options exclusive to undocumented students.
Scholly is the simple, comprehensive and accurate scholarship search platform that helps take out the hassle out of the search process.
Study Abroad Scholarships
A study abroad scholarship is a monetary award for students to use toward the expenses of their program such as travel, course, credits, books and lodging.
TFS Scholarship Database
Tuition Funding Sources Scholarship database, which is a Wells Fargo sponsor, has the largest database of scholarships – over 7 million available for high school, college and Graduate level students.
Scholarship Search Tips
It takes time and energy to search for and apply for scholarships, but your investment of time can be well worth it. To ensure success, you will need to prepare, search, evaluate, and apply.
Online Safety information and tips — When searching for outside scholarships, please keep the following safety tips in mind:
- Do not pay to apply for a scholarship or pay a scholarship search service to search for you.
- Do not give personal information such as your social security number, bank account information, or credit card numbers.
- Review the website of the company or organization offering the scholarship to make sure it is legitimate. Is there a phone number to contact the company? Do they provide information on past winners? Is the information well-written or does it contain spelling and grammar errors?
- Trust your instincts. If the offer seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- The Federal Trade Commission, our nation’s consumer protection agency, cautions students to look for these tell-tale lines:
- "The scholarship is guaranteed or your money back."
- "You can't get this information anywhere else."
- "I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship."
- "We'll do all the work. You just pay a processing fee."
- "The scholarship will cost some money."
- "You've been selected" by a "national foundation" to receive a scholarship—or "You're a finalist" in a contest you never entered.
Other Ways to Finance Your Education
St. Kate's Assistantship Mentoring Program (AMP)
The Assistantship Mentoring Program is a scholarly community in which students are paid to work one on one with a faculty or staff mentor as a teaching assistant, research collaborator, or program development collaborator.
St. Kate's Summer Scholars
The Summer Scholars program is an intensive 10-week experience during which faculty and students collaborate on projects while immersed in a culture of scholarship with other research teams.
Search hundreds of jobs and internships posted by employers for St. Kate's students and alumni.