What is AMP?
The Assistantship Mentoring Program (AMP) creates the space for students and mentors (faculty/staff) to engage in intellectual creativity and collaboration through a semester-long position in one of the following roles:
- Teaching Assistant (TA): Become a confident, experienced academic who is prepared for graduate school and/or positions of leadership.
- Research Assistant (RA): Develop skills in research design, methodology, and analysis alongside a faculty mentor.
- Program Assistant (PA): Create, design, implement, and evaluate programs and projects under the guidance of a faculty or staff mentor.
AMP is funded through Community Work and Learning student employment dollars. AMP Assistants are paid $14.45 for the 2021-22 academic year, working approximately 10 hours per week during the course of a semester. AMP is supported by Sarah Gerdes, Manager of Student Employment & Leadership. General AMP questions can be directed to email@example.com.
To see examples of past AMP projects, take a look at the virtual symposium site.
To be eligible for AMP, students must:
- Be a sophomore, junior or senior status (undergraduate) or enrolled in Adult College or Graduate programs by spring 2022
- Be enrolled at least half-time at St. Catherine University. For Undergraduate and Adult College: (6 credits, for Graduate students: 3 credits)
- Work approximately 10 hours per week
- Have completed the course or a course equivalent (for Teaching Assistants)
How to Apply: Deadline Monday, November 15 @ noon
*Note the process for applying for AMP has changed, please read carefully.
Applications are currently open for the spring 2022 semester! There are two AMP postings available for students to apply on KatieCareer by Handshake. You will see one posting for new applicants and a separate posting for returning applicants.
Step 1: Click on the “spring 2022 Application Questions” drop down menu below to view the long-answer questions that will be asked on the Google Form. Assistant/Mentors will work together to answer the questions for either New Applicants or Continuing AMP applicants.
Step 2: Assistant logs into KatieCareer by Handshake and clicks on the appropriate AMP position:
- #5413282 Assistantship Mentoring Program (AMP) - New applicants
- #5413229 Assistantship Mentoring Program (AMP) - Continuing applicants
Step 3: The Assistant copies and pastes the team's answers into the Google Form found on the Handshake AMP posting by Monday, November 15 @ noon. Students will upload their resume within the Google Form.
Step 4: Assistant/Mentor teams will be notified whether they are accepted by the end of the semester or sooner (December 15)
If you would like assistance with your application materials please contact Career Development at: Askcareer@stkate.edu, CdC 210, 651-690-8890. Individuals with a disability who believe they may need any reasonable accommodations should contact the O'Neill Center for initial review: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you have questions regarding this application process, please email email@example.com.
No emailed applications will be accepted.