What is AMP?
The Assistantship Mentoring Program (AMP) creates the space for students and mentors to engage in intellectual creativity and collaboration through the following positions:
- Teaching Assistant: Become a confident, experienced academic who is prepared for graduate school and/or positions of leadership.
- Research Assistant: Develop skills in research design, methodology, and analysis alongside a faculty mentor.
- Program Assistant: Create, design, implement, and evaluate programs and projects under the guidance of a faculty or staff mentor.
Who is eligible for AMP?
To be eligible for AMP, students must:
- Be enrolled at least half-time (undergraduate and College for Adults: 6 credits; graduate students: 3 credits) at St. Catherine University
- Be able to work approximately 10 hours per week
- Have completed course or course equivalent (Teaching Assistants)
- Junior or senior status (undergraduate) or enrolled in College for Adults or Graduate College programs
- Demonstration (in application) that this opportunity fits into one’s schedule, school/life balance, and overall St. Kate’s experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with the general knowledge appropriate to the discipline
- Submission of a high quality application that articulates the project, student groups, mentorship, and overall outcomes
- Application completed in collaboration by mentor and assistant
How to Apply
To apply, a student-mentor team must submit the joint application (word document) that will create opportunities for meaningful collaboration, leadership, and influence. Once the joint application is complete, students will upload that application along with the student's resume and transcript to their KatieCareer by Handshake personal account. Upload the application as an "Other" document. Upload the resume under "Resume." Upload the transcript, under "Transcript." All 3 items, must be uploaded to the student's Handshake account for the system to allow you to apply.
No emailed applications will be accepted.
Deadline to apply for Fall 2020: Thursday, April 30, 2020, at noon.
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email Paula Jiménez at email@example.com.