All official St. Catherine University IRB forms and templates are located in Mentor IRB, the online IRB application management system. (Log in using your primary username and password; the Institution ID is stkate.) The forms are available as Microsoft Word documents.
The following documents are required for initial IRB applications:
- IRB Application Document
- At least one of the following: Consent form, Assent Form, or equivalent.
- CITI completion report for researchers and research/faculty advisors. This must be uploaded to Mentor IRB at the time the application is submitted. (Human Subject Research education requirement)
When submitting your IRB application, also include all supporting documents. These documents do not have templates. These may include, but are not limited to
- External Organization Support letter (on letterhead or through organization email)
- Email template, Phone/Verbal script
- Evaluation tools, surveys, quizzes, etc
If needed, the following forms are to be submitted in Mentor IRB after an application has been approved. The forms are also located in Mentor IRB with step by step directions; view directions for additional online questions in the submission process.
- Amendments form: Use this form if there are any changes to the approved research.
- Renewal form/Supplemental Questions form: For annual reports/continuing review, IRB research that has received expedited or full board approval must be renewed every year if the research is to continue.
- IRB Completion form: This form is for completing/closing a research project. Once the project is complete, with no further recruitment, data collection, or analysis, researchers must fill out the IRB Completion Form.
- Adverse Events form: In the event that a human subject is harmed as a result of participation in your project, it is necessary that you immediately inform the IRB using this form.