On Saturday, Jan. 21, nearly 100 members of the University community will join the Abigail Quigley McCarthy Center for Women and the Mission Chair in Women’s Education at St. Kate’s at the Women's March – Minnesota.
Marching for "peace without prejudice" and for inclusion, equality and justice, the Center for Women and the Mission Chair in Women’s Education invite students, staff, faculty, alumnae, Sisters and friends to participate in this historic event.
Sharon Doherty, professor and director of the Women's Center, and Allison Adrian, associate professor and mission chair in Women's Education, outlined their reasons for marching:
- Prevent violence against women
- Ensure the safety and well-being of immigrants and those of all faiths
- Support all women’s access to affordable healthcare
"Together, we will send a message to our leaders and the world that we stand for human dignity, equal rights and freedom from discrimination," said Doherty and Adrian. "Ours is a peaceful, nonpartisan march."
- Our two buses are full! Meet the St. Kate's group at the northwest corner of Parking Lot E at St. Paul College — look for the purple ponchos!
- Please dress for rain – the weather forecast is steady light rain and 40 degrees.
- Please note – organizers are prohibiting umbrellas. Learn more at Women's March – Minnesota.
9:30 – Meet bus/park at St. Catherine University O’Shaughnessy Parking lot (Gate 4, south of Randolph on Fairview)
10 a.m. – Depart for Rally Point at St. Paul College, Lot E
11 a.m. – March from St. Paul College to Minnesota State Capitol
Noon – 2 p.m. – Rally
2:30 p.m. – Meet bus at designated pick up point.
3 p.m. – Return to St. Catherine University (time approximate)
Through Friday, Jan. 20:
Saturday, Jan. 21:
Call - text: Julie MIchener, 651-253-8931