Goldwater undergraduate scholarships for tomorrow's research leaders are open for application for students in the natural sciences and mathematics. The award includes $7,500 in undergraduate expenses (tuition, fees, books, room, and board) per year, for up to 2 years. Around 400 awards are offered to college students across the nation each year.
- Have a minimum of one semester and no more than two years of undergraduate college remaining (typically a sophomore or a junior)
- Be a full-time student
- Have a GPA greater than 3.0
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be nominated by their university/college
- Desire a research career in the sciences or mathematics (fields include: chemistry, geosciences, life sciences, materials research, mathematical sciences, medicine, physics and astronomy)
To be considered for a nomination for a Goldwater Scholarship by St. Kate's, please complete and submit a short Student Profile (name, email address, telephone number, etc.) and pre-application (year in school, major, GPA, brief career interest statement, highest degree anticipated, and potential recommendation letter writers) that will help your campus' Goldwater representative (Allison Adrian, PhD) make an initial determination of the strength of your application. You should expect to hear from Dr. Adrian within a week after submitting your pre-application and profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.