“Today marks a very special moment in our mission to educate women to lead and influence,” said Rebecca Koenig Roloff ’76, president, as she announced St. Catherine University’s LEAD & INFLUENCE: The Campaign for the Next Level of Excellence reached a major milestone: $100 million.
“This comprehensive campaign positions St. Catherine University to deepen its position as the place for women’s education,” Roloff continued. “We are honored by the generosity of all the donors who have helped us reach this point and for their shared commitment to giving women access to a St. Catherine education and the excellence for which we are known.”
The Next Level of Excellence campaign is the largest in the University’s history, with an overall goal of $130 million. The campaign is designed around four key priorities that support students, advance the work of faculty, and preserve the campus. Among the generous support received to date are five monumental contributions of $1 million or more, which helped achieve the milestone in record time. These leading gifts are:
- The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet gifted the University with the Minneapolis campus property, which allowed St. Kate’s to enhance student services on the St. Paul campus and unite its healthcare programs to deepen interprofessional learning.
- The GHR Foundation’s $18 million gift advances growth and innovation in healthcare education and aligns with both organizations' missions to advance Catholic education.
- The Mary Alice Muellerleile Endowed Chair position was established with a $2 million gift from Brenda Grandstrand Woodson '80, JD, a St. Catherine University trustee, to honor Mary Alice Muellerleile '60, faculty emerita and the founding director of continuing education at the University.
- The James J. Hill Center's $1 million gift honors the memory of the nonprofit's first board trustee and philanthropic leader, Mary T. Hill, and supports a new director of the data analysis program.
- The Manitou Fund awarded the University a $1.25 million grant to launch the Katie Leadership Impact program that fosters leadership capabilities for undergraduate students through coursework, applied learning, professional activities, and student support.
“The generosity and impact of these donors is great, and we are deeply appreciative of their investment in St. Catherine University and our mission,” said Beth Halloran, executive vice president and chief development officer. “Our donors are innovators who are ensuring St. Catherine University remains vibrant and a leader in the higher education space. Their gifts are already making a difference through scholarships, enhanced curricular experiences, new classroom equipment, leadership programs, and more.”
To learn more or make a gift, pledge and/or estate commitment, visit stkate.edu/campaign. Gifts to St. Catherine University are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
About the Campaign
St. Catherine University educates women to lead and influence so that they may use their passion, energy, and intellect to change the world. For more than a century, we have championed the transformative nature of a women-centered, Catholic, liberal arts education focused on social justice.
LEAD & INFLUENCE: The Campaign for the Next Level of Excellence takes place at a pivotal time when women in leadership are desperately needed and current world events are challenging where women stand. The campaign’s $130 million will provide funds for the University to take action and ensure future generations have the same opportunities and access to the high-quality education for which St. Catherine University is known. Gifts to the campaign support our students, faculty, campus, and the University’s most critical needs — such as those that arose during the past year with the pandemic.