Connect your students with career opportunities
We can help.
Contact us to discuss having a professional career counselor speak to your class about their career development. We can also help arrange for alumni working in your field to come and speak to the class about their career path.
The internship program provides valuable work experiences for students to learn about their chosen field. Contact us to discuss supervising a student's internship.
Do you have employer contacts in your field that would benefit from hiring a Katie? Contact us to discuss inviting them to exhibit at the Career Opportunities Fair in the fall or tabling on campus during the school year.
To hire a student worker, please contact Student Employment at x8685. Supervisors posting positions in KatieCareer need to login as an Employer and search for the employer name "SCU Student Employment."
Keep in touch with the job market or assist students with researching employers in your field on KatieCareer. Login using your St. Kate's username and password.
*Student employment supervisors must use the employer log-in to post positions. Then choose the company name: St. Kate's On-Campus Student Employment.
Internship Information for Faculty
Faculty Internship Advisor (FIA) Role and Responsibilities
The FIA is responsible for helping the intern integrate the internship into her total academic experience. She/he:
- provides academic direction and evaluates the learning derived from the internship
- meets with the intern to assist her in defining her Learning Contract objectives and learning tasks and strategies that support them
- maintains appropriate contact with the student throughout her experience to give direction and support
- the FIA is asked to initiate a phone call to the site supervisor and intern sometime during the first ten days of the semester to establish contact and communication
- conducts an on-site evaluation meeting with the student intern and site supervisor midpoint in the internship experience to evaluate the student’s learning and experience to date. The student is responsible for arranging this meeting among the three participants.
- The Mid-Semester Intern Evaluation form can be used as a basis for discussion at this meeting. When an on-site evaluation is not possible, the evaluation is to be conducted by telephone and is the FIA’s responsibility to do this.
- At the end of the semester, the FIA and student intern meet to review her journal, major work project, and to provide closure to the experience.
- The FIA evaluates the student intern’s learning and assigns and submits the grade.