Military and Veteran Aid

Financial Aid Resources for Veterans

A multitude of educational benefits are available to veterans and their families. A good place to start exploring those benefits is through the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.

When you are ready to move forward with the application process, your County Veteran Service Officer, (CVSO), can assist you with state and federal Veterans benefits. The CVSO will apply specialized knowledge in the best way suited to the needs of every individual Veteran or other beneficiary who comes to the office for assistance. You can find your CVSO through MN Association County Veterans Service Offices or by calling the Veterans Linkage Line (LinkVet) at 1-888-LinkVet (546-5838). If you are not from Minnesota, please see the National Association of County Veterans Service Officers.

Eligibility criteria and benefit amounts vary for each program, and are typically based on type and length of service. Browse the programs below for more details, including monthly stipends, eligibility periods, enrollment criteria and more:

Upon receiving your VA Education benefits towards your St. Kate's education, your enrollment must be certified by the St. Catherine College for Adult Resource Center by using this VA Certification Fact Sheet and Request for Certification for VA Benefits (PDF). Questions or concerns regarding certification of enrollment should be directed to

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Other Helpful Sites: