Get reimbursed when you visit St. Kate's!
St. Catherine University's Go the Distance reimbursement program can be used for a full day weekday visit, an individual overnight visit, or one of our St. Kate's Bound admission events. The Go the Distance program is designed to help you make your college decision by experiencing campus in person. New student registration and orientation programs are not eligible for reimbursement.
To be reimbursed, submit copies of your receipts to your admission counselor after completing your travel. Receipts can be for gas, air fare, taxi fare, bus rides, or a hotel stay.
- Call 651-690-8850 to speak with a campus visit coordinator (CVC) at least two weeks prior to arranging your visit. The more time we have to plan, the better your visit will be.
- As soon as you make your travel arrangement (via bus or flight), email your travel itinerary to our CVCs.
- If you want to stay overnight, plan for only one night, unless time or cost circumstances require longer stay. Booking a flight at least three weeks in advance can result in more visit options and lower travel expenses.
- There is no charge for meals or lodging (for students) during the campus visit. You may wish to bring a little cash, however, in case you’d like to pick up something in our campus bookstore.
- If you are traveling by yourself and need help with transportation to and from the airport, our CVCs can help arrange this, depending on your arrival and departure times. Please speak to our CVCs before booking your travel so they can suggest arrival and departure times.
- Bring some homework or something to read for down time. Remember that your hostess is also a busy student and may not always be available to visit.
- One week prior to the visit, call the admission office at 651.690.8850 to confirm event details and transportation plan. You will receive a confirmation email with details 2–3 days before the event.
- During the visit programs, students are not allowed to go off campus. You and your family are welcome to go off campus and explore nearby attractions before or after the event/program.