- Need something you currently don't have? Reach out to us at our Request Services page.
- Browse our ever-growing repository of information about services and available technology in our Knowledge Base.
- Something broken? Report an Issue.
- Need to talk to someone? Call 651-690-6402 (answered 24/7).
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) helps students, faculty, and staff protect themselves and the University against cybercrime. MFA enhances security by adding a simple second step when logging in by confirming who you are with multiple factors:
- Something you know (your username & password)
- Something in your possession (such as your phone, tablet, or hardware token)
For more information about MFA see our Help Guide.
Other ways to reach the Help Desk
Technology Requirements for Incoming Students
Minimum Technology Requirements
- A laptop running Windows 10 or MAC OS X 10.15 or later
- (Chromebooks, iPads, tablets, and netbooks do not run all necessary academic applications.)
- Processor: Dual Core 2.4 GHz or better
- Hard Drive: 10 GB or more unused and available space
- RAM / Memory: 4GB or more
Learners are Responsible for the Following
- Keeping computers in good working order and notifying their instructor(s) when computer issues interfere with their ability to participate fully in course activities.
- Having Admin rights on their computers for software installs and the ability to control settings on their computers
- Having access to broadband internet connection. We do not recommend relying on public, shared, or business internet access, as these networks may not permit access to certain course materials or systems due to security settings or reliability concerns.
Internet Connection Requirements
- Download speed: 15 Mbps or higher
- Upload speed: 4 Mbps or higher
- Test your Connection
- Microsoft Office 2019 – Free for current students
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Adobe Reader
- VLC Media Player
- Test your browsers for our course management system: Brightspace D2L
- Wireless Internet is available throughout campus
- Computers and printers are available in all academic buildings. Students get allocated print credits each semester. Printers are also available 24/7 in residence halls. [AA2] Additional print credits can be purchased if needed.
Students Living in Residence Halls
The following devices are compatible with the campus network
- Personal laptop(s) and/or desktop(s)*
- Game consoles
- Mobile phones
- Smart TVs
- Wired printers**
*Computers: There are public computers available in all academic buildings. If a student needs a laptop they can check one out from the Tech Hub. For more information please see the following KB ServiceNow.
**Printers: Wired printers are not required equipment. There are printers available in all academic buildings and in residence halls. Wireless printers are not permitted as they can have a negative impact on the campus wireless network.
Students who live on campus have one cable television connection in each room, provided by Xfinity. Students can use either a digital or analog TV. All students currently living in residence halls have access to Xfinity Stream (which now has Fire TV support in addition to Roku), Peacock Premium, and HBO Max.
No student-owned wireless access points are allowed on the network
Devices that use peer to peer connections, like Google Chromecast, are not compatible with our network and will not work.
Technology Help for Current Students
Current students can login to the ServiceNow service portal to fill out a Help Desk ticket, access help guides, and take advantage of all IT resources.
Dedicated to a Generous Supporter
Burton J. McGlynn, a trustee emeritus of St. Catherine, made two extraordinarily generous charitable gifts to the school, specifically for computer technology. His pace-setting investments in technology launched the University toward excellence in educational technology and changed the way we teach, work and learn. The McGlynn Computer and Technology Center was dedicated March 2, 1999.
Thank you, Burton J. McGlynn and the McGlynn Family.