Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 to encourage excellence in scholarship and advance the science of psychology. Membership is open to undergraduate and graduate psychology students who meet the minimum qualifications.
Psi Chi provides academic recognition to its inductees, and stimulates professional growth through special programs and fellowships. National and regional conventions are held annually in conjunction with the psychological associations and research competitions.
The mission of Psi Chi is to recognize and promote excellence in the science and application of psychology. The purpose of Psi Chi is to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology.
The Psi Chi chapter at St. Catherine University was chartered in 1979.
The St. Catherine University Psi Chi chapter is open to undergraduate psychology majors and minors. Membership in the organization is based solely upon academic excellence.
- International recognition for academic excellence in psychology
- More than $400,000 awarded annually to members in awards, grants, and scholarships
- Access to career support for psychology-related careers
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunities to conduct and publish research as an undergraduate
- Build leadership skills
The membership requirements for our chapter are as follows:
- Have declared or plan to declare a psychology major or minor at St. Catherine University.
- Have completed five psychology courses (or completed four and are registered for a fifth), with at least three of the completed psychology courses taken at St. Catherine University.
- Have an overall GPA in the top 35% of your current class (approximately 3.7 GPA).
To apply, complete the online Psi Chi membership application.
Applications must be submitted by March 1st for consideration. We hold an annual induction ceremony in May of each year.
You will be notified upon acceptance, and at that point, you will pay the one-time national Psi Chi dues of $55.
Contact & Current Membership
Psi Chi Honor Society (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Current Psi Chi Board Members
- Elyse Collyer
- Sophadriana Oum
- Molly Rosenfield
- Mara Norris
- Hannah Price
- Gabrielle Filip-Crawford (email@example.com)
Former Board Members
- Megann Meier
- Andrea Hitz
- Vi Doan
- Lilly Bendel-Stenzel
- Katelyn Rising
Psi Chi invites your donations to support current members!
Funds will support:
- Partial and full scholarships for membership dues
- Conference registration fees
- Psi Chi graduation regalia (cords, stoles, medallions)
- Chapter events
Donations in any amount can be made on our Marketplace page.