Overview and Benefits
We are excited to offer a combined Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) Certificate Training, open to all St. Kate’s students at a lower cost than other area certificate classes. The program fee is an all-inclusive cost, and at completion you will have your CNA licenses and AHA card.
The certificate training fee includes class fee, clinical background check, Mantoux TB test, exam fees, and AHA card fee. Scrubs, additional TB testing, fingerprinting fees, and additional retests are at the cost of the student.
Registration is limited to 30 students for each session (classes offered January, May/June and August). In the event that we do not meet our minimum enrollment numbers, the CNA and BLS training will be cancelled and all payments refunded.
August 2020 Certificate Costs and Schedule
The August class is full.
- $1150 – priority, early bird registration by May 1 for St. Kate’s students
- $1200 – after May 1 for St. Kate’s students
- $1300 – non-St. Kate’s students, open for registration May 1
Registration opens April 1, 2020, and closes July 31, 2020 (final payment due).
Orientation is July 23, 2020, 4-5 p.m., location Whitby Hall 122.
All dates are required.
- August 3, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m., BLS & CNA training
- August 4–7, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m., CNA training
- August 10–12, 8:30 a.m.–4 p.m., CNA training
- August 17, 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m., CNA training
Classroom Location: Whitby hall, J111 Classroom & J208 Nursing Lab
August 13 & 14, 7 a.m.–3:30 p.m.; Benedictine Health System site or Presbyterian Homes & Services site.
CNA Registry Examination
August 18 or August 19, 8:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. (Actual test time by sign up), Anoka Technical College, 1355 West Highway 10, Anoka, MN 55303