What is AMP?
The Assistantship Mentoring Program (AMP) creates the space for students and mentors to engage in intellectual creativity and collaboration through the following positions:
- Teaching Assistant: Become a confident, experienced academic who is prepared for graduate school and/or positions of leadership.
- Research Assistant: Develop skills in research design, methodology, and analysis alongside a faculty mentor.
- Program Assistant: Create, design, implement, and evaluate programs and projects under the guidance of a faculty or staff mentor.
Who is eligible for AMP?
To be eligible for AMP, students must:
- Be enrolled at least half-time (Undergraduate and Adult College: 6 credits; Graduate students: 3 credits) at St. Catherine University
- Be able to work approximately 10 hours per week
- Have completed course or course equivalent (Teaching Assistants)
- Junior or Senior status (undergraduate) or enrolled in Adult College or Graduate programs
- Overall GPA of 3.2
- Demonstrated proficiency with the general knowledge appropriate to the discipline
- Submission of a high quality application completed by both the mentor and the assistant
How to Apply
To apply, a student-mentor pair must submit the joint application that will create opportunities for meaningful collaboration, leadership, and influence. The joint application should match student learning goals with appropriate roles and responsibilities and clearly outline methodologies for communication and implementation.
Once the joint application is complete, students must upload the application on to the position posting in Handshake to be considered. You can find the position by searching the Assistantship Mentoring Program under on-campus employment. No emailed applications will be accepted.
Deadline to apply: Monday, April 15th at 12:00 p.m (NOON).
Note: Students must also upload their resume and transcript along with the completed application. Please copy and paste your transcript into a word document then upload into Handshake.