The Academic Advising Office is working remotely utilizing our standard office hours, please reach out with any questions or concerns. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to helping you connect with your assigned academic advisor, we can help you:
- Change your advisor
- Refer you to other campus departments to meet your goals
- Address concerns with courses or instructors
- Cope with academic stress
- Register for courses through the Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC)
- Discuss the appropriateness of grade or refund appeals
Your Academic Advisor
During your first semester as an undergraduate student, St. Kate’s will assign an advisor who cares about you and your academic success. It’s your advisor’s primary goal to help you adjust to life at St. Kate’s and understand the requirements for your degree. He or she also can direct you to additional campus resources to help you succeed during your first semester and throughout your degree program.
At the end of your first semester, you will be assigned to:
- a faculty advisor in your major
- a pre-nursing advisor if you are pre-nursing in the College for Women
- an advisor from the Academic Advising office if you are still deciding on your major
As a pre-nursing student, you will have specific prerequisites to complete and you will need to closely track your GPA before applying to nursing school. We have resources to help you navigate this process.