The Patricia O’Connor Myser Award for Faculty Excellence was created in 2015 to honor St. Catherine University faculty members who are exceptional mentors to undergraduate students engaged in research and scholarly work.
Kay Tweeten, Professor of Biology, was given the inaugural award in 2015
Cecilia Konchar Farr, Professor of English, 2016
Daron E. Janzen, Associate Professor of Chemistry, 2017
James Wollack, Associate Professor of Chemistry, 2018
Kristine West, Associate Professor of Economics, 2019
- Nominee must be a College for Women faculty member
- Nominee has demonstrated a sustained involvement in mentoring undergraduate students through research or scholarly work process
- Students must have made meaningful contributions in the nominee’s collaborative scholarly projects (the projects involve the mentor and students collaborating or working in parallel)
- The nominee has challenged students to work both independently and collaboratively while thinking critically about the project
- The faculty and student work has demonstrated academic rigor as evidenced by peer-reviewed dissemination appropriate to the discipline. Examples include peer-reviewed national presentations, publications, juried art exhibits, public performances, or awards
- The nominee is a role model for undergraduates embodying practices of a scholar in her/his discipline
Refer questions to Cindy Norton at email@example.com.