We are pleased to announce a winter Faculty-Staff Institute the week of January 27. The theme will be “Inclusive Excellence: Getting to Work.”
Professional development opportunities include
- The annual Teaching Learning Network (TLN) conference on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 in Rauenhorst Ballroom
- Understanding and Analyzing Systemic Racism trainings for supervisors and CHADS (facilitated by Crossroads)
Teaching Learning Network (TLN)
Goals for the Day
- to bring faculty and staff together for a day of reflection and learning, moving toward action
- to strengthen our common purpose, in the context of inclusive excellence
- to recognize contributions from St. Kate’s faculty and staff
Morning and afternoon workshops will bring the faculty/staff together to focus on two inclusive excellence issues. The lunch session will feature the annual Sister Anne Joachim Moore Lecture with Amy Hamlin, PhD. To lift up and share the scholarship and excellent work of faculty and staff across the university, we’ll host poster sessions throughout the day, awards at lunch, and giveaways of books by St. Kate’s authors.
Tuesday, January 28, Rauenhorst Ballroom
8–9 a.m. Provost's welcome, poster session, and light breakfast
9–10:50 a.m. Morning workshop: Neurodiverse Students: Strategies for Inclusion
10:50 a.m. Blessing, pick up buffet lunch
11:20 a.m.–1 p.m. Lunch session: Sister A.J. Moore lecture and award presentation; Sister Amata Miller Catholic Mission in Action award presentation
1:15–2:45 p.m. Afternoon workshop: Building Allyship with Islam
3 p.m. Faculty meeting
Poster Sessions and Book Giveaways
In addition to the 8-9 a.m. session, participants will have opportunities to engage with posters during breaks throughout the day (11-11:15, 1-1:15, 2:45-3). Poster session presenters and participants will be eligible to win books by St. Kate’s authors.
If you have TLN questions, please contact email@example.com.
Understanding and Analyzing Systemic Racism training (facilitated by Crossroads)
Two sessions will be held throughout the week.
- Training for supervisors of staff will be held Monday-Wednesday morning, January 27-29.
- Training for CHADS will be held Wednesday afternoon through Friday, January 29-31.
If you have Crossroads training questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.