COVID-19 PCR tests are currently available for faculty, staff, and students as outlined below.
We encourage any member of the community who is concerned about COVID-19 to get tested according with MDH’s current testing recommendations, especially those who are:
- Symptomatic, even if fully vaccinated
- Identified by public health officials as close contacts of a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Required to be tested for participation in athletics, clinicals, etc.
- Returning from travel (domestic or international)
Individuals who are not displaying COVID-19 symptoms, are being tested for surveillance purposes, and/or are getting tested for travel should plan to utilize one of the following options:
- On campus testing provided by Curative will be available in Room 5 of CdC on most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during J-term and spring semester. Samples will be collected using an anterior nasal swab and results should be available 48-72 hours after the specimen arrives at the lab. Costs will be billed to insurance, so anyone utilizing this testing resources should bring their insurance information.
- Free, at home testing kits are currently available at no cost through the Minnesota Department of Health. Once you order, a Vault saliva PCR test will be delivered to you and can be completed via Zoom. Instructions and shipping supplies are included with the kit.
- Completed, packaged samples can be dropped at the St. Kate’s post office for pick up by UPS each weekday.
- Order a test kit
- Additional testing options are available off campus, including at the state of Minnesota's free Community Testing sites. Testing providers, such as pharmacies and clinics, can also be found through the state’s Find Testing Locations map.
Testing for those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will be available by appointment in the Health and Wellness Clinic. These appointments, which include an office visit with a provider, can be scheduled via the patient portal, and will be billed to insurance