Admissions and Visiting Campus
Application and admissions processes will continue. Prospective students will still be able to apply for admission, move through the admission process, and receive admissions decisions from the University. Our admission team, and the rest of the University, remains as committed as ever to maintaining high levels of service to prospective students as they plan their future at St. Kate's in 2021 and beyond. To connect with your admission counselor, visit our Admission and Aid page.
We offer several ways to learn about St. Kate's virtually, or to safely visit campus in person. Options include individual campus tours, visits with your admission counselor, phone appointments, and online events. Before visiting campus, all visitors must complete a Visitor Health Screening Checklist.
Access to Buildings and Common Spaces
As outlined in the Preparedness Plan, all buildings will remain locked, and students, faculty and staff must use their University ID card to access buildings.
Common spaces on campus will have limited access to encourage social distancing. Signs will be posted indicating hours of access and maximum capacity.
- CdC common spaces
- Common spaces will have limited seating to encourage social distancing.
- Study rooms in CdC, Whitby, and the Library will be available by reservation using your Google Calendar or by booking at the room.
- Our Lady of Victory Chapel is open for weekly Mass, weddings, and funerals, adhering to the directives listed here.
- The Butler Center is currently open to all students, faculty, and staff.
The Library is open for study space, accessing books and journals from the physical collection, as well as computers and printing. Hours remain reduced through Spring 2021, with plans to resume normal open hours in the Summer. Book check-out is available via advance requests using Library Pick Up or retrieving your own books for check-out at the desk (both are no-contact processes). Research librarians continue to be available to students in each D2L course shell, online through 24/7 Chat, by email or scheduling an appointment, and a Research Assistance Zoom Room. For more information about Library services during Covid-19 please visit libguides.stkate.edu/onlineresources.
University Event Statuses
The University will continue to follow Minnesota’s guidelines for events and gatherings, as well as additional guidelines from the Safely Returning to Campus Committee.
- The University will not host any outside events from external organizations.
- Internal events will be evaluated individually, with priority to groups with academic needs. Internal community events for students, faculty, and staff will abide by group sizes and social distancing requirements.
- The Chapel will be open for weddings, funerals, and religious services per MDH guidelines. It will not be open for general use.
Events at The O’Shaughnessy
All events at The O'Shaughnessy have been canceled until further notice. Information regarding future programming will be posted on The O'Shaughnessy website when it becomes available. Please contact The O'Shaughnessy at email@example.com with questions.