Selected Private Scholarships and Grants

We value your merits

Private organizations and the state of Minnesota offer a variety of grants and scholarships based on a wide range of eligibility criteria, but you must apply for these programs on your own. In addition to the programs listed here, you also should investigate whether your parents’ employers, your church, your school or any community or civic groups offer scholarships.

Your high school counselor and local public library also may have print or electronic reference tools to help you locate scholarship funding sources.

You must notify the financial office if you receive any scholarship or grant not listed on your university financial aid award letter. The need-based loan and work portion of your award will be adjusted first to comply with federal financial aid regulations, if necessary.

Catholic Aid Association
Catholic Aid Association, 3499 North Lexington Ave., St. Paul, MN 55126
Funds awarded to policyholders based on financial need; academic merit, extracurricular involvement.

Anna Kuhl Foundation 
Citizen's Scholarship Foundation of America, 1505 Riverview Rd., P.O. Box 297, St. Peter, MN 56082
Funds awarded to St. Paul-area students who attend Twin Cities colleges. Based on academics, need, career plans.

Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program 
State Scholarship Programs, Minnesota Office of Higher Education, 1450 Energy Park Drive, #350, St. Paul, MN 55108, 651.642.0587 or 800.657.3866
Minnesota residency. One-fourth American Indian ancestry. Need as established on the FAFSA.

Bureau of Indian Affairs/Tribal Indian Scholarships
Contact local Bureau of Indian Affairs or Tribal Education office.
One-fourth American Indian ancestry and be enrolled with a federally recognized tribe. Need as established on the FAFSA.

Gates Millenium Scholars (GMS) Program
Gates Millienium Scholars, P.O. Box 10500, Fairfax, VA 22031, 877.690.4677
Must be African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American, pursuing a 4-year undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.33, and be Federal Pell Grant eligible.

Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet (CSJ)
Sisters of St. Joseph, 1884 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
For nieces of CSJs who attend St. Catherine.

Tozer Foundation
Tozer Foundation, 1213 1/2 5th Ave. South, Stillwater, MN 55082, 651.439.1530
Residents of Washington, Pine and Kanabec counties in Minnesota.

Tuition Remission
St. Catherine University offers four tuition benefit plans for dependents of benefit-eligible (at least .75 FTE) faculty and staff. Eligible dependents include children under the age of 24 and spouses.

These programs typically pay between 75–100 percent of tuition, and include the Associate Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC) Tuition Exchange, the Catholic College Cooperative Tuition Exchange Program (CCCTE), the Council of Independent Colleges Tuition Exchange program (CIC-TEP) and the Tuition Exchange, Inc.

Families are required to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid); any state, federal or institutional grants or scholarships are deducted from the remission amount.

Veterans Benefits
MN Office of Higher Education
United States Department of Veterans Affairs
Veterans, dependents and members of the National Guard and Reserve may qualify for grants and/or loan repayment.

Yellow Ribbon Program
St. Catherine University Financial Aid Office, 651.690.6540
Must have 100 percent eligibility under Chapter 33 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill.

Vocational Rehabilitation
Department of Economic Security nearest you, or in Minnesota, call (651) 296-5616. TTY (651) 296-3900 or (800) 657-3973
Counseling, services and funding are available for students with disabilities.

Annexstad Family Foundation
Your local chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters
Funds awarded to students who have matured through the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program.

Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship
Must be attending a women's college, have an exemplary academic record, strong references and a commitment to social justice.