Application Instructions For

college for adults: bachelor's

You are an adult student interested in completing a bachelor's degree or certificate.

how do i apply?

We welcome your application to get started in a bachelor's degree program, or the Community Health Worker or Healthcare Sales certificate programs, in the College for Adults at St. Kate's. You may apply to start bachelor's programs in fall (classes start in September), spring (classes start in February), or summer (classes start in June) terms. Certificate programs only start in the fall.

Apply now to start in fall, spring or summer.

Choose the option from the list below that best describes your situation to find to the applicable application instructions.

Admission Requirements

To be considered for admission, you must have graduated from an accredited high school or have earned a General Education Development (GED) diploma. If your previous academic record indicates past difficulty or if you have never taken a college course, you may be asked to provide additional information or to participate in a personal interview.

When to Apply

You may apply any time to start in fall (classes start in early September), spring (classes start at the beginning of February) or summer (classes start in June). We recommend you submit all application materials at least four weeks prior to the term to allow enough time to process your application.

After being admitted you will receive your official transcript evaluation and register for classes.

Application Process

Follow these simple steps to complete the application process.

  1. Complete your online application form
    Click here to begin the online College for Adults — Bachelor's application.
  2. Request transcripts
    Have official transcripts sent to St. Kate's from all schools, colleges, universities, technical schools, training programs, armed forces education programs, etc. that you have attended or currently attend. High school transcripts or official GED scores are also required. (No high school or GED records are required if you have already earned a bachelor's degree and are seeking to enroll as a "second degree" student.)

Transcripts are required for all post-secondary school, college or universities you have attended—regardless of completion of course work, and even if courses taken at the school were later transferred into another college and are reflected on the second college’s transcript.. Contact the registrar or records office of each school or college, and request that "official transcripts" be sent directly to St. Kate's. At most colleges and universities, requests can be made online.

Current or Previous St. Catherine University Students
If you are a current or recent student at St. Catherine University, you will not need to request a St. Catherine University transcript, or re-submit transcripts from other colleges that were submitted at the time of your last application to St. Kate’s. However, if you attended St. Kate’s many years ago, transcripts from other colleges may no longer be on record and you will be asked to re-submit.

If you attended any other colleges since you were last enrolled at St. Kate’s, you will need to submit new transcripts from these colleges. All other requirements listed above apply.

International Records
If you have completed any portion of your education outside of the United States, translation and/or evaluation of transcripts may be required. Please allow extra time for this process (up to nine months in some cases).

Have Official Transcripts Sent to St. Kate's
Contact the registrar or records office of each school and ask them to send transcripts directly to St. Kate's, using their secure document transfer system, to

If electronic delivery is not available, have transcripts sent by mail to:
St. Catherine University
College for Adults Admissions, #4061
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105

Welcome back to St. Kate's!

At St. Catherine University, we're always ready to welcome back returning adult students. If you...

  • Have previously attended St. Catherine University to pursue your first bachelor's degree (as a bachelor's student in the College for Women or College for Adults), but did not graduate, and
  • Have not been enrolled in courses at St. Kate’s for two terms or more, and
  • Are ready to return to St. Kate's to finish your first bachelor's degree and enroll in the adult bachelor's program,

... then your next step is to submit the application to "re-enroll" as a bachelor's student in the College for Adults to resume your studies.


  • If you have been gone less than seven years, you will not need to submit new official academic transcripts as when you first applied to be a bachelor's degree student at St. Kate's. However, if you have attended classes at a different institution after leaving St. Catherine, you will need to request that those official transcripts be sent to the College for Adults Admission office.
  • If you have been gone for seven years or more, you will need to re-create your file. In addition to submitting the application to re-enroll, you will also need to submit all new official transcripts.
  • If you have been gone two years or longer, please know that you are subject to any new graduation requirements as outlined in the current St. Catherine University undergraduate academic catalog.
  • Students who have been away from the University for just one term may still register through an adult bachelor's academic advisor and need not reapply. If this applies to you, contact Academic Advising at 651-690-6803 to discuss.

Have official transcripts sent directly from the school, college or university to

Or, via mail, to:
St. Catherine University
College for Adults Admissions, #4061
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105

Please call the College for Adults admission office at 651.690.8700 to discuss your individual circumstances and questions.

If you want to take just one or two courses without committing to a degree, enroll as a non-degree-seeking student. Or, if you already have a bachelor's and want to get ready for graduate school, enroll for up to a year as a prerequisite student.

If you wish to change your status to degree-seeking after starting classes, you must complete the official application procedures through the College for Adults admission office. Admission as a non-degree-seeking student does not guarantee admission as a degree-seeking student.

Complete the online application now.

"Prerequisite" Students

If you already have completed a bachelor's degree, but need to enroll in undergraduate prerequisite courses required for admission into a graduate degree program, you may enroll in the adult bachelor's program as a "prerequisite" student. Many students who are planning to apply for admission into St. Kate's graduate programs in education, occupational therapy, nursing and other fields choose this option. Prerequisite students are eligible for some forms of financial aid. Before applying, contact your admission counselor to determine your options for prerequisite courses.

Complete the online application now.

questions about the application process?

You may email a question at any time and an admission counselor will respond to you.
Or give us a call during office hours (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) and we'll talk.

contact an admissions counselor