St. Kate's Marketplace provides campus departments and organizations with an online tool to organize, operate and manage payments for events, products and general payments. Marketplace is available to academic departments, as well as all faculty, staff and student functions and organizations.
Marketplace feeds transactions directly to each individual department's revenue account in Banner. Visit the Marketplace Mall to see the departments who currently have payment sites.
Marketplace may only be used for events that require a payment. Registration for events that have no fee can be created using Googledocs. Please contact the Help Desk for assistance with creating events with no payment.
Benefits of Using Marketplace
- Convenient – Gather registration and demographic information, as well as process payments for your organization in a single transaction. Marketplace is a public site available for registration or payment nationwide, 24/7.
- Customized Sites – Each site is designed to meet each department or organization’s individual needs.
- Recurring Payments and Donation Options – Allow for one-time or recurring payments such as donations or dues.
- Update Finance System – Feed transactions directly to Banner accounts and assign codes to individual stores, products or sites.
Quick Reference Guide
What's my budget number?
Your departmental budget number consists of a Fund, Organization, Account, and Program number (some departments may use a 4-6 digit Activity code). Budget numbers are verified by the Business Office for accuracy.
What type of site am I looking for?
There are three types of sites in Marketplace: an Event, a Physical Item, or a General Payment.
- Event - Are you selling tickets or taking registrations? i.e., conferences or swim lessons.
- Physical Item - Are you selling items such as t-shirts, scarves or ornaments?
- General Payment - Are you collecting deposits, application fees or donations?
Are there costs associated with taking credit card payments?
Yes, if someone makes a payment using a credit card, the bank fees the University pays are charged to your departmental budget each month. The fees on average are between .01–.015 percent of the total credit card payments per month.
There is no fee associated with an electronic check.
How do I login to Marketplace after my store is completed?
You will be provided a user name, password and instructions once your uStore is complete. Upon first log-in, you will be required to answer 3 security questions and change your password.
How do I run my reports in Marketplace?
- Click on Marketplace Reports, then on Stores, then on your Department Name, then on “By Product.”
- Enter the date range you wish to view, then click on View.
- All active sites that have had activity during this date range will appear.
- Click on the event/product that you want to view and a Product Detail Report will come up.
- You may customize your report at this time.
- Click on Export to CSV.
- Click on Open to view.
How do I fulfill orders in Marketplace?
- Only orders that are physical products that must be shipped are required to be fulfilled by the department.
- Click on your Department Name, then on Stores, then on your Store name, then on Fulfill Orders.
- Under Pending Fulfillments, click the Select All or click on each individual box.
- Click Process Fulfillment. The system will ask you if you want to fulfill these shipments. Select OK.
- Click on Accept Payment. The system will ask you to confirm if you want to charge the customer. Select OK.
- Click on Print Packing List or Proceed to Step 3.
- If you select Print Packing List, a box will pop-up which allows you to print an itemized packing slip to include in the shipment of the order.
- By proceeding to Step 3, you have chosen not to print a packing slip.
- Once you have done a final review of the order, click Proceed to Step 4.
- Click on Send E-Mail if you want TouchNet to send a confirmation e-mail to the customer.
- Click on Continue to return to the Fulfillment page.
How do I Cancel an Order and Issue a Refund in Marketplace?
If a customer changes their mind and does not want to attend an event or is not satisfied with their product, you may need to refund all or part of their payment.
Email the Marketplace team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the order number and they will process the refund.
Responsibilities and Guidelines
Let's get started!
- Meet with the Marketplace implementation team to determine your departmental needs
- Departments will be responsible for monitoring reports and/or fulfilling orders
- Departments are responsible for ensuring that University policies and procedures are followed regarding on-line security and product integrity, as specified on the University policies site
Before completing your initial site request:
- You will need your department name
- You will need your department's budget number
- You will need details about your event, product, or general payment
- You will need to know the data you want gathered
- You will need an approved image (otherwise a standard image will be used)
Once your initial site request is complete:
- You will be responsible for viewing and verifying that the site information is accurate
- You will be responsible for monitoring the activity on the site
- You will be responsible for fielding questions from users
- Your department will be assessed bank fees on a monthly basis for credit card transactions