Using Your Degree
Your St. Kate's degree in music studies or music in the church is excellent preparation for range of careers.
Our graduates are music teachers, professional accompanists, orchestral musicians, solo performers, liturgical musicians, music therapists and music businesswomen. They include:
- Camille Kolles, a pianist and the executive director at Carmel Bach Festival.
- Annie Lewandowski, who recently released her first full-length CD. She writes songs under the name "powerdove."
- Amanda Walters Langenfeld, who composes for and performs with Black Dirt Theater, her own theater company. She previously worked in music ministry.
- Kelsey Jacobson, lead early childhood instructor and band director at Schmitt Music Co.
Our alumnae also have rewarding careers in many other fields, including medicine and law. They include:
- Kathryn Krauel, a deputy district attorney in Oregon.
- Emily Liddiard, a missionary in Botswana.
Your St. Kate's degree will open doors for graduate work in directing, acting, voice and dance, as well as other areas of study. Among our alumnae:
- Ginger Larson is pursuing a master's degree in piano.
- Sally Moe is pursuing a doctorate in veterinary medicine.
- Amanda Yourchuck received graduate degrees in public administration and international relations.