HomeMaster of Arts in Education - Initial LicensureSecond Major Certificate

Second Major Certificate

If you have already received a B.A. or B.S. degree and wish to pursue a teaching license, you can get a Second Major Certificate. If you are interested in this program, contact the program director. Course requirements are dependent on your bachelor's degree subject area and the type of certificate you wish to pursue.

Licensed elementary (K-6) teachers who wish to add either a Secondary or K-12 license should contact the Office of Admission to determine their undergraduate enrollment options.

The Second Major Certificate program does not lead to a master's degree. If you wish to get a teaching license and pursue a master's degree, visit the Master of Arts in Education (MAED) - Initial Licensure website ».