- Father Rick Frechette, left, founder of St. Luke Foundation for Haiti, was awarded the $1 million Opus Prize. Nominees (left to right) Segundo Velasquez, co-founder of Mano a Mano, and Leonora Micheiln Laboissiere Mol, founder of Atelie de Ideias (ADI), each revieved $100,000 for their organiations
- Archbishop Emeritus Harry J. Flynn (right), with St. Catherine President Andrea Lee, IHM, conducted Thursday's Mass.
- Associate Professor Mary Ann Brenden (left), co-chair of the Opus Prize steering committee, greets St. Luke Foundation's Raphael Louigene (right).
- The Opus Prize experience allowed the nominees to interact with students, faculty, and staff on both the Minneapolis, and St. Paul campuses.
- Father Rick shares a laugh with Development Coordinator Emily Dobesh (left).
- Father Rick Frechette (center) with staff and due-diligence team member Lahens Lee-St. Fleur M'05 and St. Luke Foundation staff member Rosaline Paul.
- (left to right) Due-diligence team member Jennifer Donohue SP'15, Opus Prize nominees Segundo Velasquez and Father Rick Frechette, and Student Senate President Reneee Crepeau SP'13 toured the St. Paul campus.
- The O'Shaughnessy was packed with students, faculty, alumnae and community members at the November 8 awards ceremony.
Back to story