Fine Art at St. Kate's
1,000+ pieces of art: gifts, purchases and
bequests given to the College since 1905.
What it Includes
- Clara Mairs and Adolf Dehn Collections:
more than 400 works from these
- Sisters of St. Joseph Collection: works
completed by the Sisters of St. Joseph.
- Corita Kent Collection: more than 20
serigraphs by one of America's most
influential 20th-century graphic artists.
- Cecilia Lieder Collection: 20 colorful
- Prints by Georges Rouault, Giovanni
Piranesi and Käthe Kollwitz.
- Work by regional artists.
- Work by St. Kate's former students,
studio art professors and instructors.
- Sculpture and textiles, including pieces
by Paul T. Granlund and Neda Miranda
To expose St. Catherine's students, faculty
and staff to works of art in the classroom
and in their environment outside the classroom.
Today, the College also focuses on
women artists in an effort to reinforce the
College's vision and mission.
A digital inventory of the collection is being
created with the help of an Assistant
Mentoring Program grant as a teaching
and research tool.