Step-by-Step Institute is a unique preparation program focused on students of color who have graduated from high school and have taken a break, but now wish to pursue a university education.
It is open to women of color who have been accepted to St. Catherine University on the Minneapolis Campus who have not earned a BA/BS degree or assoicate degree.
The next Step-by-Step Institute is Thursday and Friday, August 22 and 23, 2013 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day). Apply today!
- The curriculum is designed to prepare individuals to explore and identify career options, build study skills, work with university faculty, staff and students and interact with community.
- Upon successful completion of the program, individuals receive a scholarship for up to $1500/year to attend St. Catherine University
In this exciting two-day program students prepare for a successful transition into university life as they:
- Learn about academic expectations
- Explore ways to finance a university education
- Learn more about other cultures on campus
- Develop successful study and test-taking skills
- Connect with students re-entering the educational system
- Assess writing and language skills
- Address math anxiety
- Explore career interests
- Get connected to University resources to help you succeed
At the completion of the program, participants will:
- Be better prepared for your university career
- Have a clearer understanding of academic expectations
- Be more knowledgeable about choices and opportunities for careers
- Have a network of resources and support services during university
- Have a portfolio of university information and resources
To apply for the program, applicants must be:
- Students must be at least 19 years of age
- A woman of color accepted to St. Catherine University on the Minneapolis Campus to start next Fall
- The program is limited to 25 students Apply Today!