Call to Action
What You Can Do
Advancing women into corporate leadership positions is a competitive imperative. We hope these data prompt women and men in companies of all sizes across Minnesota to add women to their boards of directors.
- This report lists the names of 119 women who are executive officers, many of whom are board-ready.
- This report also lists the names of 113 women who currently serve on Minnesota boards and have the capacity to serve on others.
- The Minnesota chapter of Women Corporate Directors has a directory of more than 30 Minnesota women who currently serve as directors of companies. Women Corporate Directors offers access to a global network of women with corporate board experience. E-mail: email@example.com.
- The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) has a talented pool of director candidates available to boards seeking independent directors. For $1,000, an experienced search professional will identify eight to 10 highly qualified candidates for consideration. Contact Judith Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact executive search firms, such as SpencerStuart, with a proven track record of placing women on corporate boards.
- Encourage CEOs and board members to develop a goal for board diversity, including moving toward the optimum number of three or more women on the board.