Non-need-based Awards for Transfer Students
These financial aid awards are available to any student who needs help covering the cost of tuition.
Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan
- Eligibility: For students who are ineligible for Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan, or independent students who wish to supplement a Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan.
- Annual amounts: For dependent students: first-year $3,500; sophomores $4,500; juniors and seniors, $5,500. For independent students: first-year, $7,500; sophomores, $8,500; juniors and seniors, $10,500.
- Terms: Fixed interest rate of 6.0 percent on loans made on or after July 1, 2008. Interest accrues immediately upon disbursement, with principal payments beginning six months after graduation.
Student Educational Loan Fund (SELF)
- Eligibility: Credit review; credit-worthy co-signer.
- Annual amounts: Up to $7,500 annually for undergraduates.
- Terms: Variable interest. Interest payments quarterly during enrollment.
Federal PLUS Loan
- Eligibility: Credit-worthy parent financing a child’s education.
- Annual amount: Cost of education minus other aid.
- Terms: Fixed interest rate of 8.5 percent. Payment begins 60 days after funds are received.