Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Program
This program enables academically outstanding college-bound high school juniors and seniors to enroll in courses at St. Catherine University. The purpose of the program is to enable students to experience the challenge of college courses, to expand their options for courses, and to receive college credit for courses successfully completed.
- Students may enroll in two classes per year.
- Students may enroll in day or evening courses only on a space-available basis.
- Courses may be taken only on the campus of St. Catherine University. Students may enroll in their limit of two courses on either campus (St. Paul or Minneapolis), but cannot take more than two classes within the University.
- Students enrolling in this program are generally in the upper 20 percent of their high school class and have followed a rigorous college preparatory course of study. Students must have a B or better in each high school course attempted.
- Eligibility to enroll in this program does not imply acceptance to the University on a degree-seeking basis.
Process for admission
Arrange for the following to be sent to the Office of Admission:
- A completed Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Application from St. Catherine University.
- A completed Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Notice of Student Registration form from the Department of Children, Families and Learning.
- A letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor or principal regarding your ability to complete college-level work.
- An official high school transcript.
Note: This criteria differs from those used to admit high school graduates to the first-year class. Please contact the Office of Admission for general admission criteria.
Once all requested credentials are received, you will be informed as soon as possible regarding your eligibility to enroll in the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program at St. Catherine University.
If accepted, you will be notified of the date(s) to register for courses. PSEO students typically register 7–10 days prior to the beginning of classes and course selection is often limited at that time. Registration for Fall term takes place in late August and registration for winter semester takes place in mid-January.
Once admitted, students must receive a grade of C or higher in their postsecondary courses to be eligible to continue in the program at St. Catherine.
Note: Students MUST complete this application process for each semester in which they wish to enroll. Application deadlines are Dec. 1 for winter semester and June 1 for fall semester.
To read answers to frequently asked questions, download the PSEO FAQ»
For more information, please contact Ashley Harville (firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.690.6931) in the Office of Admission at St. Catherine University.