Using Your Degree
St. Kate's sociology major prepares you for careers in areas such as business, market research, demography, law, human services, urban planning, criminal justice and government service.
Our alumnae include:
- Molly Doyle Decklever, senior vice president software-quality consulting firm BenchmarkQA
- Meredith Stockton, merchant research specialist at Groupon (double major sociology and psychology)
- Deborah Muntean, director of information and technology at the law firm Briggs and Morgan
- Elyse Ruiz, regional field director with Organizing for America (double major sociology and political science)
- Jenna Bowman, program and advocacy coordinator at Grand Avenue Business Association (double major sociology and business-to-business sales)
- Amy Chavez, Ramsey County probation and parole officer
Your sociology degree from St. Kate's will open doors for advanced study in law and other areas. Among our alumnae:
- Saralyn Smith is pursuing a master's degree in cultural studies at Claremont Graduate University.
- Megan Murphy completed a Ph.D. in sociology at the University of Colorado.