Public Health Concentrations
St. Kate's public health major offers four concentrations, giving you the opportunity to study a particular area more deeply.
- Designed for pre-professional students (pre-medicine, pre-pharmacy) and students who want a strong background in public health and mathematics or natural sciences.
- Requires six courses in mathematics and the natural sciences, and one course in the social sciences.
Public Policy and Social Sciences
- Designed for students who are interested in health policy, social sciences and population health (but not a specific health profession), pre-professional students (e.g., pre-law, pre-occupational therapy) and students who want a strong background in the social sciences and public health.
- Requires six courses in the social sciences and related areas, and one course in mathematics and the natural sciences.
- Designed for students who want to become a health educator in a healthcare or community setting, or students wishing to obtain a credential in community health education with a background in public health.
- Requires seven courses in the health education curriculum.
- This concentration is offered in collaboration with the University of St. Thomas.
Community Health Worker
- Designed for students with linguistic and cultural competency in an immigrant community who are interested in serving as advocates in health and community systems, and for students who want to obtain a credential as a community health worker with a background in public health.
- Requires completion of all courses in the community health worker curriculum and two elective courses.