You may choose to apply to either the day section or the evening/weekend section to earn the post-baccalaureate nursing major. Day applicants will work with the Office of Undergraduate Admission during the application process and evening/weekend applicants will work with Weekend Admission.
Applicants must have the following to be considered for admission to the post-baccalaureate major program:
- A bachelor of arts or bachelor of science degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum cumulative grade-point average of 2.75 (calculated on all courses, including failed courses, completed within the past ten years)
The following criteria must be met before beginning the nursing course sequence:
- Successful completion (C- or lower not accepted) of prerequisite courses with a minimum GPA of 2.75
- CPR certification (American Heart Association course)
- Current CNA or LPN licensure in Minnesota
- Current immunizations
To learn more about prerequisite courses, visit the Academic Plan page.