Using Your Degree
St. Kate’s music theater majors are actors or singers for professional, community and academic theaters, as well as performers in lucrative commercial, industrial and film markets. Many also find rewarding work behind the scenes, as production staff in areas such as lighting, stage directing and script writing.
Our alumnae include:
- Mary Robin Roth, an award-winning actress who starred as Evita on Broadway.
- Nancy Youngblut, a television and commercial performer whose credits include Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- Teri Parker Brown, a frequent performer at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatres in Minnesota.
- Shanan Custer, a teaching artist at the Guthrie Theater.
- Brett Dorrian, professional makeup and hair designer and owner of Brett Dorrian Artistry Studios.
Your St. Kate’s degree in music theater is excellent preparation for professions in many other fields, including medicine, law, business and education. Among our alumnae:
- Luz Naria Hernandez, a communications consultant and former vice president for communications at American Express.
- Ruth Goettig Spencer, volunteer coordinator for Asera Care Hospice; formerly program manager with Public Radio International for 23 years.
- Anne Marie Yantos, executive assistant at Columbia Pictures.
Build your portfolio
We encourage all music theater majors and minors to design a portfolio of their course and production work as they progress through their studies at St. Kate’s. A strong portfolio comes in handy at job interviews — when you need to prove that you're the right person for the job.