Internships and Research
You'll find many excellent opportunities for internships near campus. St. Kate's has an active career development office, a strong alumnae network and expert faculty to help you find internships.
St. Kate's students have landed internships at:
- Minnesota Historical Society
- Minnesota Transportation Museum
- Floyd County Historical Society and Museum, Iowa
- Carrie Chapman Catt Girlhood Home and Museum, Iowa
- city and county archives
Student Samantha Burger is an intern with the Richfield Historical Society. She's helping to plan and create the exhibit "Teenage Richfield: High School, Hangouts and Heartbreak."
St. Kate's history majors also gain work experience as event assistants or weekend tour guides at historic sites, such as Historic Fort Snelling in St. Paul.
You can also gain professional and leadership skills through:
- Independent study
Faculty advisor and department chair permission is required.
- St. Kate's Assistantship Mentoring Program (AMP)
AMP is an innovative, paid work-and-learning experience that pairs juniors and seniors with faculty or staff mentors on a specific project. History major Caitlin Mans helped Assistant Professor Jane Carroll with course preparation and group work. Learn more »
- St. Kate's Summer Scholars
This program funds faculty-student research collaborations. Learn more »
- St. Kate's Scholarship Symposium A campus event that celebrates student scholarship and collaborative research.
- History Club
Interact with peers who share your interest in history through St. Kate's History Club. Social events are organized on a regular basis around activities or topics of historical interest.