Using Your Degree
Our alumnae include:
- Cameo Gillson, sales representative at the Medtronic Spinal and Biologics Division
- Jessica Schmidt, clinical sales representative at Johnson & Johnson
- Kimberly Kincade, consumer care specialist at Coloplast Group
- Jessie Vermillion, sales representative at CenterPoint Energy Services Inc.
- Joy Ritchie Peterson, associate sales representative at Ethicon Endo-Surgery
— Cameo Gillson, Medtronic sales rep
People who have what it takes to succeed in sales — technical acumen, emotional intelligence and self-motivation — are in high demand. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for experienced sales managers is expected to grow faster than the average for other jobs in the next decade.
Business career fair
More than 70 companies recruit potential interns or employees at St. Kate's annual Career Opportunities Fair — the largest among private colleges and universities in Minnesota, with promising possibilities for full-time positions, part-time jobs and internships.
Thriving medical industry
St. Kate’s is located in a hub for medical technology companies and healthcare-related organizations, including Medtronic, St. Jude Medical, Mayo Clinic, UnitedHealth Group, Fairview Health Services and Medical Learning. This means more opportunities to find internships or full-time jobs and network with industry executives.