Using Your Degree
Your St. Kate's degree in economics is excellent preparation for a range of careers. Many distinguished alumnae have earned national or international recognition in their fields.
St. Kate's graduates have accepted jobs at organizations such as:
- Wells Fargo
- Retek Corporation
- Merrill Lynch
- St. Paul Travelers
- First Bank
Some of our students continue on to graduate programs in economics, public policy, international relations, business, law, communication and many other fields, including St. Kate's Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership. Others have passed the Foreign Service examination and entered into diplomatic careers.
St. Kate's alumnae include:
- Kate Kelly, president and CEO at Minnesota Bank & Trust. She was named among Finance & Commerce's 2011 Top Women in Finance Circle of Excellence.
- Alison Palacios, senior healthcare economics analyst at United Health Group. She studied women and biotechnology in rural India as a Fulbright scholar.
- Joy Ritt, director of trading at futures commission merchant Tenco Inc.
- Judith Tingerthal Ervin, finance director for Citigroup in New York.
- Mary Lee Corrigan, executive vice president and chief financial officer for investment banking firm Griffin, Kubik, Stephens & Thompson, Inc.
- Suzanne Dusek Daggett, case law coordinator with West Publishing Company.
- Sarah Delaney, reporting programmer analyst at the University of British Columbia.
- Candace Lewis-McComb, account manager and assistant vice president with Wells Fargo Bank.