Students may complete the 16–17 credit program in one academic year. There are eight required courses plus two additional elective credits required to complete the certificate.
Classes meet two afternoons a week on St. Catherine University’s Minneapolis campus. A new group of students enters the program each fall.
- HLTH 1020: Role, Advocacy and Outreach (2 credits)
- HLTH 1050: Organization and Resources: Community and Personal Strategies (1 credits)
- HLTH 1070: Teaching and Building Capacity (2 credits)
- HLTH 1100: Coordination, Documentation and Reporting (1 credits)
- HLTH 2982: Communication and Cultural Competence (2 credits)
- HLTH 2090: Legal and Ethical Responsibilities (1 credits)
- HLTH 29820: Health Promotion Competencies (3 credits)
- HLTH 2982: Student Internship (2 credits)
- CIL 1500: Transcultural Learning Through Community Connections
- HIMP 1020: Medical Terminology (1 credit)
For detailed course descriptions, visit the courses page.