Using Your Degree
Professional sales is the most common entry-level position for new graduates in many companies. Our alumnae have found rewarding sales careers in many industries, including technology, pharmaceutical and medical device. They include:
- Nicole Sheedy, strategic sales account manager at Delta Air Lines
- Seon Anderson, account manager at W.W. Grainger
- Jennifer VanWinkle, territory sales manager at Ecolab
- Jenna Bowman, public policy intern at the Alzheimer's Association
- Kelly Minke, sales consultant at Paychex Inc.
According to the U.S. Labor of Statistics, the need for experienced sales managers is expected to grow faster than the average for other jobs in the next decade. People who have what it takes to succeed in sales — technical acumen, emotional intelligence and self-motivation — are in high demand.
Business career fair
More than 70 companies visit campus each year to recruit potential interns or employees at St. Kate's annual Career Opportunities Fair — the largest among private colleges and universities in Minnesota. We also post information about the Minnesota Private College Job Fair and other job fairs in the Twin Cities.
Your degree from St. Kate's will open doors for graduate work in many areas, including a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership.