Family, Consumer and Nutritional Sciences (FCSN) Vision and Mission
Vision - To be an innovative department renowned for rigorous, diverse programs of study steeped in the Catholic liberal arts tradition and distinguished by exemplary graduates responsibly engaged in the world.
Mission - Founded first on Catholic liberal arts tradition and offering rigorous programs of study, the Family, Consumer and Nutritional Sciences (FCNS) department educates women to be professional, ethical leaders. Grounded in science, the students become content experts with an innovative mindset and professional voice. The curriculum empowers students to understand and reflect upon the multi-faceted issues facing individuals and families today, challenging graduates to advocate for the dear neighbor without distinction in a socially responsible manner. Strong inter-professional and community collaborations prepare women for transformational leadership, life-long learning and a commitment to sustainability in the global context.
Apparel Design and Fashion Merchandising Advisory Committee
- Amanda Christine, Fashion Designer
- Anna Lee, Target Corporation
- Anne Granger, Target Corporation
- Audra Simmering, Illume
- Jill Renslow, Mall of America
- Josh & Delayna Sundberg, Cliche
- Judy Jordan, Judy Jordan & Co.
- Kim Pehle, Revman, International
- Mary Kaufman, Goodwill Retail
- Nancy Karason, OSKA Edina and Seattle, NAK Retail Mgmt. INC
- Suzanne Hendricks, Professor Emeritus, St. Catherine University
- Susan Metzger, Fashion Designer